Our mission as a Worship Arts team is to deliver wholehearted worship music that is also of a highest possible quality in all worship services. Worship must be heartfelt (not viewed as a performance) - and points all of the glory to Jesus. Worship music must be high quality so it is not a distraction, and prepare’s hearts for the sermon message.
E-Free Worship Art Core Values
1. Spiritual Preparation: Worship on a platform is the overflow of a lifestyle of worship and a heart that is well-cultivated throughout the week. Personal spiritual intimacy with Jesus is our FIRST priority. One hour on a Sunday morning is a mere .6% of a week. If the only time you “worship” is .6% of your week, something is wrong. How can we lead people where we haven’t gone ourselves?
2. Musical Preparation: Rehearsals are infinitely smoother when everyone has listened to, practiced with the scheduled music. Being prepared also means having any gear or equipment that you intend to use on Sunday with you for practice (lyric sheets or chord charts are provided on Planning Center Online. Unless otherwise posted, you are expected to learn your parts exactly like the MP3, giving special attention to the tonal qualities of each instrument. For teamwork to happen effectively, we rely on you to play your part accordingly.
3. Attitude: When ideas or suggestions are presented and received with a good attitude, the results are monumental for effective team building. If there are technical, musical or miscellaneous complications, keep attitudes positive and morale high. Be open to the constructive criticism of the worship leader or band leader. They are trying to pull out every bit of greatness in you they can find, so be patient and receptive of constructive feedback.
4. Punctuality: Everyone’s time is valuable. It’s important that everyone be punctual for rehearsals so that we can use our limited time as efficiently as possible. Arriving early is always a great idea. We are very serious about punctuality. Being on time is a respect issue. Tardiness communicates a lack of respect for your colleagues, for E-Free, and for the Lord. If an unexpected situation arises and you know you will be late, please communicate as quickly as possible with the worship leader.
5. Dress: E-Free has a very relaxed unofficial “dress code.” However, there are a few basic requirements. Shoulders, cleavage, and the mid-section should be completely covered at all times. Skirts are allowed but should come down well below the knee. Shorts of any length and any article of clothing with questionable text or graphics should not be worn. We want everyone’s focus to be on God. Anything that takes focus off of Him is a hindrance to our ultimate goal. Should your choice of clothing not meet this standard, you will not be able to lead until it has been resolved. This decision is up to the pastor or the worship leader.
6. Flexibility: The worship pastor and/or band leader always tries to give adequate notice of schedule or setlist changes. While it is not uncommon for these changes to take place, it is only done when necessary. It is recommended that you periodically check back with Planning Center to view any potential changes.